About the iOS Engineer position
ChargedUp is an award-winning innovation using the sharing economy to revolutionise the way people charge their phones on the go. We have created a network of nearly 2,000 charging stations across the UK, with ambitions beyond simply adding more users.
We're also backed by leading digital investors - Founders Factory (market-leading accelerator founded by Brent Hoberman of last minute.com and MADE.com), JamJar (Innocent Smoothies founders) and the Garage Soho (Sir John Hegarty and Tom Teichman). As well as having a partnership with O2, giving users free daily charge across the UK, we'll be launching in Germany thanks to a partnership with Jägermeister. Our in-house tech team is revamping our apps, laying the foundation for a scalable user experience as we go global.
Our team uses Scrum-ban, balancing planned product-led sprints with ad hoc efforts to support business needs with our in-house design team and developers. It’s an exciting time to join; we’re scaling our network quickly and need our tech to not just keep up but lead the way in enabling opportunities. We hire self-motivated, proactive people; we’re less about hitting targets and more about truly solving a user’s need, future-proofing to drive a scalable, accessible end-to-end experience. If you’re passionate about mobile platforms, writing code you’re proud of and having a little fun along the way, let’s talk.
- Create and maintain an advanced iOS application
- Work together with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Efficiently use third-party data sources and APIs
- Create and execute unit tests on your code, to ensure its robustness, including edge cases, usability, and reliability
- Troubleshoot issues, fix bugs and improve application performance
- Explore and use new technologies to maximise development efficiency
- Demonstrable portfolio of released iOS applications, ideally having scaled to 200,000 users
- Experience with Swift, third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming design principles
- Experience in automated testing iOS apps
- Good knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
Nice to have experience with:
- Co-branded initiatives
- International expansion
- Competitive salary and share options
- Make your mark, shaping the tech strategy of a fast-growing, product-led business solving a real user need
- Vibrant office in Shoreditch and Spitalfields market with a rooftop terrace, beer and Jägermeister taps
- Summer and Christmas parties for team and friends
- Bi-monthly team outings and activities
- Bi-weekly team lunch Fridays
- Monday breakfast, a healthy start to our week
- Work from Home Wednesdays or full remote option
- Perks at work - discounted cinema tickets and more
- Free phone charging, of course!
- You love what you do, genuinely
- Inquisitive and curious, seeking to improve what we do and how we do it
- Self-organised, self-starter with an ability to balance attention to detail with the big picture -- you spend your time wisely and manage expectations for realistic deliverable deadlines
- You don't take yourself too seriously -- we definitely don't!
While we're able to work flexibly, we rely strongly on in-person collaboration to make the magic happen. We are currently unable to sponsor visas, so you must already be legally eligible to work in the UK.