ChargedUp is the UK's first and fastest-growing phone charging network with over 3,000 charging stations in venues including M&S, Brewdog, Stone Gate pubs and Westfield shopping centres throughout the UK and across Europe. We are backed by JamJar (Innocent Smoothie founders), Jagermeister's Venture fund, The Garage Soho (Tom Teichman and Sir John Hegarty), Founders Factory (Brent Hoberman) and many more of London's top investors.
With thousands of our stations installed in a short time frame, we are a very dynamic company eager to make the most of the situation and help people stay charged wherever they go.
As ChargedUp is now established as the firm leader domestically, we are looking to expand our reach internationally, using the strength of our network of partners and sponsors to reach new audiences.
As the first General Manager hire, you will have the opportunity to create the blueprints for what a top local organization should look like.
Location: Germany / Netherlands (remote)
We're looking for an exceptional, data-driven Regional General Manager with experience in both Growth and Operational Excellence, responsible for venue acquisition, network deployment and utilization and a wide range of other related projects.
• Managing the day-to-day activities and performance of your regional team in line with set objectives and KPIs
• Manage relationships with third parties and investors, helping us grow the network in new venues and new verticals
• Creating training and development plans, along with day-to-day coaching, for every member of the team, managing poor performance when required
• Create and refine processes to ensure the end-to-end process from targeting, engaging, acquiring, distributing and uplifting venues is a success
• Project managing delivery of a range of sales and uplift focussed strategic activities - working across ChargedUp (growth/marketing/ops/data teams) to define the most impactful areas to focus on, then briefing/ deploying/ managing the Sales team to deliver this
• Creating and delivering the ‘playbook' for field sales and field Ops team. Ensuring that said playbook is in line with post COVID requirements for safe network maintenance
• Owning the daily/ weekly/ monthly Ops performance metrics and reporting
• Recruit and build a top local ops team (Ops Associates, Customer Support Agents…)
• Create and maintain a transparent, collaborative and dynamic work culture
• Experience as a General Manager / Regional Operations Manager, preferably in a shared economy business environment
• 5+ years of people management experience
• High EQ and ability to deliver under pressure
• Speaking fluent German (Dutch is a plus)
• Strong communication skills with a variety of different stakeholders
• Thorough reporting skills
• Familiar with SQL and other data management systems (Kibana, Looker…)
• Able to analyze sales performance
• Good customer relationship skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Able to travel as needed
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest growing start-ups in London with global ambitions - you will receive;
• A competitive base salary and options package
• 28 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
• Pension contributions
• Work from home and the possibility of building a local team around you